Caitlin and I decided we would try and finish my map this year, which would get her a pretty good start on her map as well. For round number 1 of the map project we picked something pretty easy, a few rambling miles near Fontana Lake.
For our second round of map miles we did some more logistical cherry-picking and did a nice loop off of straight fork road. This was a surprisingly nice hike with all the smokies elements, plenty of views, wildflowers, and creek walking. Unfortunately this is one of our last remaining easy short loops in terms of what I have left in terms of finishing the map.
The entire Cataloochee area is pretty much a blank spot for both of us. If we are able to get out on the trails again in the next few weeks were considering a figure eight type loop of caldwell fork trail, etc. at the end of Cataloochee road. If not Cataloochee, we will most likely be back over by the lake to clear some bits and pieces I have remaining over there.


No comments:
Post a Comment