Last night Dave and I were sitting at dinner when he said..."It's May...no matter what the calendar says"....These weird early spring days of 80 degree temps are really fantastic right now...but we are both afraid of what summer will bring us.
What spring has brought so far have been some spectacular running days...and I have even had a few chances to get on the trail and see whats blooming. Everything has bloomed WAY early (I mean yesterday Mountain Laurel was blooming on the hike we did...a full month ahead). But the wildflowers have been amazing.
 |
| Too many February days like this lead to the flowers below |
 |
| One of my favs from this spring...thanks for the new camera Dave |
 |
| Squirrel Corn |
 |
| Painted Trillium...I just saw the second one peeking out from beneath it just now. |
 |
Buckley is a good hiker it turns out...on the AT in Cherokee NF
So...all things considered, spring has been fabulous so far. It looks like we have more hiking in our future, so hopefully more posts here as well. It has been pretty busy around the Worth house so we have definitely been neglecting the blog.
Maybe someday we will get back on track....see ya soon...Caitlin
|
ya'll got a dog?! it's a slippery slope, before you know it you'll have a dog AND a kid. then two kids.
ReplyDeletei just registered for the twin cities marathon, so watch out dave's-ridiculously-fast-marathon-time...here i come. actually i don't think i will touch dave's time, so i'll have to shoot for bird's.
yeah man, got a dog. Will try not to let this one swim the falls at waterloo. Let me know how marathon training goes. Sorry I'm missing the boundary waters trip.
ReplyDelete