Enough about that...one of the coolest things about this trip was the weekend off between training days. There are a stupid amount of choices for things to do (of course), so it is difficult to pick just a couple things. That being said, I planned my run before I got to the canyon with the hopes that I was doing the right thing... and I will tell you right now, I was. I didn't expect to have any partners on this expedition, but that was a surprise that made this experience one to really cherish.
Many people are familiar with the traditional trails that leave from the Rim and travel into the canyon(that adventure was for another day), we chose to run on the Rim Trail, East towards the fairer side of our great country. It was amazing!!! What an awesome treat to have running buddies, and see more of the canyon simultaneously. We did a 5 mile out and back from Grand Canyon Village to Mather Point and the Grand Canyon Visitor Center. Of course being the self appointed geeks that we are, we stopped for our breathers in the visitor centers along the way. Running at and above 7,000 ft the entire way lead to a difficulty that was not anticipated. The good thing is, there were more than enough excuses to stop and catch your breath.
I look so short.
ReplyDelete